Sunday, July 06, 2008

Elephant Boy

We just love Elephant Boy cafe in Bowral - we went there for lunch with the kids today...Ever since the Bowral Cafe with it's ever-so-cosy atmosphere, plush round velvet booths and jazz music, not to mention the Mississippi Mudcake with Raspberry Coulis closed down we have hardly ever enjoyed lunch in Bowral...

Anyway, I made sure I didn't order the salmon cakes again today (they are so fantastic that I've had them everytime we've been!!) The coconut passionfruit cake (pictured) was wonderful - the cakes at elephant boy are never disappointing (I am such an incredible cake snob, I don't like chocolate cake unless it has chocolate in it and I usually don't eat packet mix at all)...but these taste so fresh and the frosting, if they even have frosting, is always something special.

...And today I found out that there is one other Elephant Boy in Australia...in the suburb of Manuka in Canberra where we ate out several times a few weeks ago with a friend who has just moved nearby! Very exciting!

No comments: