Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Strawberry Mousse Cake




From Marcel Desaulniers' book, Death By Chocolate (undoubtedly my favourite and most used cookbook), The Strawberry Mousse Cake. I made this a few years ago for Tim's Mum's 50th and learnt that it creates a lot of washing up!! I also found out that it: (a) is my favourite mousse cake and; (b) requires absolutely perfect strawberries. I wanted to make it when I had consistently shaped (not to mention tasty) strawberries - not too big or small.


I was very lucky to find some perfect punnets right before Mum's birthday and was able to make this wonderful cake. The ganache is the same one which I always use on my regular chocolate cake (the Death By Chocolate Brownie Layer Cake).


One day I'd love to go to Williamsburg to try the real thing at The Trellis!

No comments: